Our wilderness encounters are the result of weaving together the variables of each trip with our practices of renewal.
We design Renewal in the Wilderness trips to create the space and set the pace for profound encounters to occur with self, with others, and with the earth. Along the way we'll facilitate opportunities for rest and reflection, as well as conversation and celebration of being abundantly alive in a wild place!
Variables include the type of group, activity, destination, terrain, and duration. We host a range of experiences including:
- weekend or week-long backpacking trips on backcountry trails
- several days paddling canoes to primitive campsites on wild rivers and lakes
- camping in rustic cabins to enjoy day-hikes and delicious meals
We find that simple practices make space for profound effects.
- Some practices amplify the benefits of nature: Like silence, deep breaths, and guided meditation.
- Some practices meet our need for relief: Like unplugging from devices, a slow pace, and simple comforts.
- Some practices form group cohesion: Like telling stories, making camp, and sharing meals.
- Some practices bolster your relationship to a sense of purpose: Like journaling, discussing challenges, and taking the time to reflect.
- Some practices boost your spirit: Like sharing jokes, reading poems, and remembering how to play.
We know that there are many barriers to getting outside for a time of renewal, and we want to do everything we can to make these experiences accessible to you. Please let us know if you are facing a significant obstacle so we can think together about finding solutions and get you out for an experience of renewal!
For information about our payment schedule and our cancellation policy see our: